Friday, April 18, 2008

Divorce

Although we've seen this coming, it still comes as a bit of a bomb-drop, but Francis told Carrie this morning that he wants out of the marriage and wants to sign over his parental rights to the boys. He said he doesn't want anything to do with them (and by signing over his rights after the divorce is final, he will not be required to pay child support). Obviously, Carrie right now is emotionally drained and we are taking turns staying with her to get her through these first few days. Part of me is relieved (after seeing all the other emotional strain he's put her through) and part of me is uncertain (I know Carrie will do her best as a single parent and we will be there for her, but it is going to be a looooong road). So, if I don't email or update for awhile, I apologize, but as you can see, my life just got a lot more complex! I wish everyone well and miss you all immensely!

No comments: